The first recipe I made is a Raspberry Swirl Angel Food Cake with a Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze. It is by far one of the best cakes I have ever made and is a great light dessert for the summer heat.
Raspberry Swirl Angel Food Cake
w/ a Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
1 box of angel food cake mix (or you attempt angel food cake from scratch)
1/2 cup of Raspberry Jam (approx)
Pint of Raspberries
1/3 cup of whipped cream cheese (approx)
1 Tbsp of lemon juice (or more to taste)
Splash of vanilla
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Make angel food cake according to box directions (Reminder: DO NOT flour or grease bundt cake pan)
- Stir approximately a half a cup of raspberry jam in a bowl until jam becomes more liquidy and less jammy (don't you love my complex and technical terminology)
- Gently fold in the stirred jam to the cake batter until you see a nice swirl of raspberry throughout
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan
- Bake according to box
Glaze: (All to taste. Make it as lemony or not so lemony as you wish)
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until smooth and creamy
- Add in lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until creamy
- Gradually mix in sifted powdered sugar until you get the right fluid consistency (if the glaze is not liquidy enough just mix in either a little bit of water or more lemon juice until your preferred consistency)
Constructing the Cake:
- Once the cake has fully cooled, remove it from the bundt cake pan and flip right side up.
- Take a spoon and drizzle glaze all over the top of the cake
- Make a ring a glaze around the center hole of the bundt cake (will be used as glue to hold the raspberries)
- Once cake is glazed fill the center of the bundt cake with raspberries and make a ring of raspberries around the hole of the cake
Enjoy! It is absolutely delicious! I have received nothing but compliments and wanting the recipe from everyone that had a piece.
Stay tuned tomorrow for a delicious Peach Crumb Muffin recipe! Great for summer breakfasts!