Tomorrow I turn the BIG 3-0! I am still unsure how I feel about it yet. I know it is far from old but at the same time I feel like I am officially a GROWN UP, even though I have been married for 6 years and have 2 beautiful redheads and adulthood has been around for awhile now. :) To celebrate this momentous occasion my hubby and I are headed out of town to BOSTON!!! Back in the day (before kiddos) we would make it a yearly tradition to head up to Boston catch a baseball game and explore the city. It's one city that this country girl actually loves! Since having the kiddos sadly me and the hubs have not gone on an overnight trip by ourselves in the last 5 years! So needless to say we are in desperate need of some ALONE time. A HUGE THANK YOU to my Mom, Sister, Brother-in-law, and Mother-in Law for tag teaming the kiddos to make this trip happen for us!
I was reading this article the other day called "Turning 30: 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know" and I am glad to say I have done and know majority of the items on that list YaY! After reading it I was thinking about things I have learned in these 30 years and here they are...
- Having a couple of AWESOME friends that you can count on any time day or night to be there for you (and vise versa) is so much more important than having tons of "Acquaintance Friends".
- Sadly some people even as adults, will just never grow up and leave the high school drama behind. Accept that fact and move on to what is important in YOUR life.
- Life is short. Make the relationships you have with people count and be worthwhile.
- It's important to stop at times and take a deep look at the life you are living. Are you content and happy where your life has taken you? If not stop and alter that path to help lead you to the contentment and happiness we all deserve.
- No matter how much you want to, you can not change someone. The only things you have control to change is yourself and your behaviors/actions in situations.
- Living a simple life is not wrong. It may go against the grain of society and people might think you are an odd duck for not caring about the materialistic things in life, but it is NOT wrong.
- Finding happiness and joy is so much easier when you look at the simple things life brings you instead of all the other stuff.
That is all I got so far. All of these 7 things have been huge life lessons for me in the last couple of years and they are still work in progresses but I am getting there.
What are some life lessons that you have learned along the way?
To celebrate my BIG 3-0 Birthday even more, Fabric Nerds is having a HUGE one day only sale. Tomorrow, Fri July 20th take 30% off all orders $30 or more!! Use coupon code: BIG30. (Note: All orders placed on Fri-Sun will be shipped out on Monday)
Happy Fabric Shopping!
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend full of family, friends, and fun!