Friday, February 3, 2012

My Little Artist

My little girl absolutely loves all things art (a girl after my own heart). She absolutely loves to draw and paint, especially when it comes to making serious silly pictures of her mommy and daddy. This past December she moved upstairs to her very own "big girl" room and I knew that I wanted to make a special place to display her beautiful works of art. I was thinking picture frames, cork board, magnetic strips but nothing ever came together in my head. Thank goodness for Pinterest and Ikea. At Ikea I found a cute little hanging rack and knew it would be perfect for holding her crayons, scissors, glue sticks, markers, and other art supplies and then on Pinterest I found an awesome way to use an oil drip pan. Make a few buttons in to magnets and a cute kid sign about being an artist and the outcome....








A super easy diy home decor project. You could make it into a family command center, chore chart, office calendar, or magnetic toy for kids to learn their alphabet and words. The possibilities are endless with this one. 

Want to make one of your own? Here is how I did it...

Materials:
Oil Drip Tray ($9 Walmart)
Fun Buttons (Walmart)
Children Art (Children Inspire Design)
Command Hanging Strips (Walmart)
Hanging Rack (Ikea)
Containers (Ikea)
Super Strength Magnets (Etsy)
Super Glue
Metal File
Snips
Double Sided Sticky Tape
Laminate Sheets (Optional)

To hang drip tray follow the directions on the back of the Command Hanging Strips. I then used a laminating sheet and laminated the Children's Art and stuck it on to the drip tray using double sided tape. I snipped the back of each button off and filed them down so the backs were flat and super glued the magnets to the back (let magnets stand for about 30 mins before using). Finally I attached the hanging rack by just using magnets and it holds up nicely even with markers and crayons in the containers and voila your little munchkin has a great "art studio" to share their creativity with everyone! 

What did I tell ya, Super easy right?!

<3








No comments:

Post a Comment