- Bisquick Homestyle Grands Biscuits
- Heart shaped Cookie Cutter
- Oil of choice (I use vegetable oil)
- Powdered sugar
- Brown Sugar
- 2 brown paper lunch bags
- Wooden spoon
- Put about 1 1/2 to 2" of oil in a large high-sided skillet and heat on medium heat.
- Separate biscuits and let stand at room temperature for about 10 mins.
- Take cookie cutter and cut biscuits into heart shapes
- Take the excess dough and make into small round balls ( will make little munchkin type donuts)
- Check to see if oil is hot enough (if you are like me and don't have any fancy things to check the temp of the oil and easy way is to take the handle of a wooden spoon and place in the oil if the oil rapidly bubbles around the wooden spoon it is hot enough and ready to start frying)
- Place 3 donuts and a few "munchkin" donuts in the pan for about 1.5 - 2 minutes until nice golden color and then flip (I use a pair of tongs) over and let fry up for another 1.5-2 minutes.
- Place on a paper towel lined cookie rack
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for remainder of the donuts.
- Now its time for toppings! I used brown sugar/cinnamon and powdered sugar but you can use glaze, melted chocolate, sprinkles, anything you want.
- Put a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon or powdered sugar in a brown lunch bag and place a couple donuts in and close up back and shake shake shake.
- Remove donuts
- Continue finishing other donuts with your favorite toppings
- Enjoy your special Valentine Treat!
|Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Donuts|
Wishing you all a Valentine's Day full of love, hugs, and giggles.